Tuesday 20 November 2012

Third appointment - a look at my head!

Things are moving along,  I've got an appointment with the renal counsellor tomorrow lunch time which should be fun, all to do with assessing and evaluating my psychological state, making sure I'm doing this for the right reasons and fully aware of the implications of donating an organ.  I'm looking forward to it,  it's another step down this long road.

I've also got to pop along the corridor and give them another urine sample and have my blood pressure taken again, it's all routine and nothing unexpected,  I'm sure there will be a fair few more of those before we get to the end.

Other good news,  I received a letter confirming an appointment with the lead renal consultant, although it's not till the latter part of January,  which seems so far off at the moment,  although between now and then I'll be having an ultrasound of my kidneys and the glomerular filtration rate tests and scans which have already been requested.

I've got a twitter account now,  you can find me  @donordiary

You can also email me if you want to  donordiary @ gmail.com

No comments: